Wednesday, December 3, 2014

My Frugal Finds to Fabulous Favors



It's beginning to feel and look a a lot like Christmas. In my household, preparations were set even before December started because I think there's no point on getting rushed for this most important celebration. After all, Christ is the reason for the season. 

We have done mostly DIY gifts. They don't cost so much. All of which average only to $5 or less but because they're all made with time, talent and much love, they are priceless:

1. GIVE-SAVE-SPEND Jars for 5-12 year olds-

The concept of teaching them how to manage their wealth at a very age is a gift for life.








2. Starter Emergency Fund for tweens- 

I found this idea on the internet and I can't begin to tell you how much I love it. It teaches older kids to keep an emergency fund and not rely on credit cards forever. Those old frames that has been collecting dust in your basement? Use those to for creative gifts like this:




3. Vanilla Sugar Scrub for awesome co-workers-

I found this recipe on Gooseberry Patch and made this last year to give to my friends. They love it. It leaves the skin so smooth and moisturized.

Recipe:

1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sweet almond oil ( I bought mine at Sprouts for $9.99 which I was able to make 5 jars out of it. So that leaves approximately only $2 for the cost)
2  vitamin E capsules ( I got mine in bulk from Sam's)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a mixing bowl combine sugar and oil. Cut capsules with scissors and empty their vitamin E oil into the mixture then discard capsule. Add vanilla and stir well.










4. Winter Survival Kits for visiting guests-

These are products of the Tin Can project we made a month ago. Here's the link to that:


In this beautiful tin crafts, I am then adding: Lip moisturizer, Hand lotion, Hot coco, etc for my loved ones to not only survive winter but cherish the season as well.



Love much,

Maria (Ehma) Porpio

No comments:

Post a Comment